This e-mail announcement is a reminder for two very exciting events and opportunities available to registered SHPE Professional members! Additional details are attached and listed below as well.
- SHPE National Conference 2009
- This year the SHPE Conference contains several programs and certifications targeted towards Professionals. Now is the best time for a Professional to consider attending the conference!
- HITEC/SHPE “Future CIO” Essay Contest (October 9th Deadline)
- The Hispanic IT Executive Council (HITEC) has given SHPE members a valuable opportunity to showcase their talent, and help propel your career in the process.
If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Luis S. Miranda
SHPE-NYC Internal VP
The SHPE National Conference 2009 – October 28-November 1
The SHPE Conference is the largest Hispanic technical conference in the nation and a "Must-Attend" event for everyone interested in personal development, career development, networking, and new and exciting career opportunities. The conference provides educational enrichment and academic outreach, extended training, networking, and forums for companies to market their products, services and new technologies.
- For full details please visit http://www.shpe.org/shpe2009/program-professionals
- Showcase and demonstrate your technical writing skills by participating in the Technical Paper Competition! Prizes, including Netbooks, will be awarded to winners. See http://www.shpe.org/shpe2009/professional-paper-competition for details.
- The following programs will be made available to Professional attendees this year. Registration is required for the programs listed below, and space is limited so sign up soon.
o ScrumMaster (CSM)
Scrum, an agile process for software development, is facilitated by the ScrumMaster, the person responsible for ensuring that the team is utilizing the Scrum process and is productive as possible.
o Project Management (PMP®)
PMI® accredited courses will provide PDU credits towards establishing and maintaining your Project Manager certification. Courses include: "Tips for Delivering Successful Projects", "Mastering the new PMBOK", and "Managing Project Constraints".
o Professional Engineer (PE)
Learn what it takes to get and maintain your PE licensure. The National Society of Professional Engineers will also present courses on FE/PE test preparation strategies
HITEC/SHPE “Future CIO” Essay Contest
The Hispanic IT Executive Council (HITEC) and Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) are committed to increase the quantity and quality of Hispanic professionals working in executive levels of corporate America. The “Future Chief Information Officer (CIO)” Competition will challenge professionals to tell HITEC and SHPE about their vision and passion for Information Technology.
- Winner will receive a paid HITEC Mentorship for one year by pairing up the winner with a Fortune 500 CIO level executive who is a member of HITEC
- Essay submissions must be received by October 9th, 2009.
- Details on essay submission is included in the attachment.
- In order to be eligible, you must be a registered SHPE Member.
- If you have any questions, you can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Attached is the official competition form.
SHPE Conference 2009 Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer opportunities are available for the SHPE Conference in Washington!! These opportunities will allow you to meet company representatives and fellow student and professional SHPE members. The more you volunteer, the better your chance to win great prizes!!! Volunteers will receive a shirt and snack and will entered into the volunteer raffle which offers $1000 in gift certificates and one (1) airline ticket to anywhere in the US and PR.
- Visit the SHPE Conference website – http://www.shpe.org/shpe2009/volunteers
- Identify the opportunities you want
- Sign up using the online form!
Volunteering for certain roles will provide you with guaranteed access to that particular event so help out and attend the function of your choice. For example: Volunteer as a workshop assistant and guarantee yourself a spot at a particular workshop. HURRY! The best volunteer opportunities will go fast.
powered by phplist v 2.10.10, © tincan ltd