Friday, April 17, 2009
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to see a behind-the-scene FIOS presentation brought to you by the SHPE-NYC Technology Series.
Join us for an intriguing presentation and a personalized tour with Verizon Communications and learn firsthand how fiber-optic communication systems have revolutionized the telecommunications industry and played a major role in the advent of the information age.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Verizon Corporation Headquarters
140 West Street
New York City
(between Barclay St & Vesey St)
RSVP to email@example.com
Friday, April 3, 2009
SHPE-NYC Member Updates
April SHPE-NYC Upcoming Events
· April 21, 2009 – Technology Series Event – Verizon FIOS
· April 24, 2009 – Salsa Workshop
· April 25, 2009 – New York Cares Outreach Event
SHPE Executive Leadership Institute (ELI) Registration – Deadline Extended to April 9th 2009
Do you believe you have executive potential? Do you believe you encompass the fundamentals of a great executive? The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers (SHPE) can empower you to pursue that potential. We proudly present the fourth annual Executive Leadership Institute (ELI) hosted by Hewlett Packard. SHPE’s ELI is one of the few executive leadership development programs designed for Hispanic Engineers. SHPE has made a commitment to increase the number of high-level Hispanic executives in corporate America. This means YOU. Visit http://oneshpe.shpe.org/wps/portal/eli for additional information.
This notification serves as a reminder.
New Application Deadline is: April 9th, 2009.
Building Green Expo and Workshops 2009 - www.bldggreenexpo.com
Date: Thursday April 23, 2009
Time: 9am - 5pm
Place: 7 World Trade Center, NYC
Building Green Expo and Workshops 2009
· Building Green Expo and Workshops is an innovative event that complements NYS Green Building Initiatives on energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. This event will provide networking and educational opportunities for Developers, General Contractors, Construction Managers, Architects, Engineers, Trade Contractors, Suppliers, Government Agencies and various Vendors related to Building Green Initiatives. The event closes with an Open forum discussion in which a panel of experts will answer questions from attendees.
· The workshop topics are: Sustainable Project Management: How to approach a sustainable project; LEED v2.2 vs. v3.0, what you need to know?; What is the Green Globes Rating System?; and Energy Incentive Programs: Which can be applied to your project?
· If you are interested in attending this event RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org . The first 15 members to RSVP will be able to attend the expo at no cost and a 15% discount to attend the workshops.
· Interested in being a student volunteers for the event? The hours for the volunteers are from 8-5pm (morning or afternoon shifts). Volunteers have free access to the conference (the portion of the day that they are not working). Send your contact info requesting to volunteer to email@example.com
Volunteers needed - Manhattan Bridges High School Career Day speakersYou’re invited to Manhattan Bridges High School (MBHS) first Career Day – An opportunity for students to meet working professionals and learn about different careers. Manhattan Bridges High School (MBHS) opened its doors five years ago as a small school for recently arrived Spanish-speaking students. In 2007, MBHS was ranked the number one public school in New York City in academic progress. MBHS exceeds City and nationwide high school graduation rates for Latino students, with a graduation rate of 83% in 2008. This year, MBHS is becoming one of 500 career academies throughout the U.S. in the National Academy Foundation (NAF) network.
Date: Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Time: 9:30 AM to 1:15 PM
Place: 525 West 50th Street - New York, NY 10019
See attachment for more details